Color: All Black
- An altimeter tracks your vertical movement, a barometer tells the Trend in air pressure, and a compass points the way
- Suunto core tracks both the weather and the sun for you; Operating temperature: -20° C to +60° C / -5° F to +140° F
- A weather Trend graph and storm alarm along with preset sunrise/sunset times for over 400 locations help you stay safe and Plan your activities
- With stylish designs in more than a handful of variations, you are sure to find just the right Suunto core for your style
- Wrist-top computer watch with altimeter, barometer, compass and weather indicator
- Altimeter displays current elevation, shows ascent or descent and records session
- Intelligent storm alarm senses drops in air pressure and notifies you of approaching storms
- Barometer helps you predict changing conditions; built-in weather trend indicator
Publisher: Suunto Watches
Release Date: 17-09-2008
Details: Building on the success of the venerable Suunto Vector, the Suunto Core keeps you informed of conditions while you hike, bike, or camp, making it a terrific companion for outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. What can the Suunto Core do for you? For starters, it can sense an approaching squall even when the sky looks clear. This intelligent Storm Alarm--one of several intelligent features designed to keep you safe and secure--is activated by a rapid drop in air pressure over a three-hour period. Once the Core senses the change, the Storm Alarm sounds and flashes, letting you know that something unpleasant is fast approaching. The built-in altimeter, meanwhile, displays your current elevation, shows how much you've climbed or descended, and records your entire session for later analysis. Accurate to within 30,000 feet, the altimeter is an extremely valuable tool for mountaineering, backcountry skiing, and wilderness travel. Add in such additional features as a barometer, a digital thermometer, a weather trend indicator, and a digital compass and you have a terrific wrist-top computer for almost all your outdoor needs.
The altimeter contributes to your excursion in several ways. If you're standing on or near an obvious geographic feature, such as a ridge, trail, or creek, the altimeter can alert you to your current elevation and help you find your position on a topographic map. Similarly, if you plan on climbing a slope to a certain elevation and then traversing, the Core can help you stay on course. And as a bonus, the Suunto Core includes a unique start-from-zero function, so you don't have to enter a reference altitude. Instead, with the single push of a button, the altimeter will begin tracking your ascent and descent.
The Core also includes a barometer, which measures and records air pressure to help you predict changing conditions--from sunny skies to hair-bending electrical storms. The barometer helps you decide whether to bring a soft shell or rain shell
Package Dimensions: 5.0 x 3.7 x 3.6 inches
Languages: German, English, Spanish